15 March 2012

Childhood Treasures

Oooooh, I've been having such fun recently.  I've been unearthing treasures from my childhood.  Things I haven't seen in years.  Things I need to find permanent homes for in my quest to sort through some boxes.  And I found my Swap Card collection ... 16 albums, each categorised, no less, by theme of birds, horses, dogs, girls etc. 
One day when I was a Whole Lot Younger I decided to take all my cards out of their albums to see how many whole packs of playing cards I could make, then realised that they all needed to be put back in their albums, as I had them originally. Exactly as I had them!

Also found a stack of cute, old diaries that were a bit of fun to read.  Nothing ground-breaking in them, the focus seemed to be on eating, reading, doing homework, doing my piano practise and then the time I got up and the time I went to bed!!  Watching "Starsky and Hutch" was mentioned a lot too (David Soul, heartbeat ba-boom, ba-boom, ba-boom). 


Some diaries only went as far as the end of January, others I managed to keep writing in for the whole year. And don't you just love those little locks on the diaries? The ones you could open with a sneeze, but at the time thought were safe from your brothers!!


Now, what to do with it all?  I don't think I could possibly part with any of it, but seriously, how much stuff do you keep from your childhood?  I have books and dolls and Barbies as well, and my girls love playing with them, but they have their things too.  Hmmmm, more storage!

Do you have childhood treasures you can't part with?
Have a lovely day.
Trudy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me a message!!
I love reading what you have to say : -)