02 May 2013

Back in the Saddle Again

It often happens that I don't feel like crafting, or don't have the energy, or am overwhelmed by other things I need to do, or any number of other reasons and I really shouldn't fret, but I do feel a bit lost when my hands aren't busy doing something. 

I've been waiting to get all excited again by a particular project or other.  Well, here I am, back in the saddle again!  I decided to ignore all those pesky unfinished projects and embark on something brand, spanking new.  Oh yes I did!!  Just something small to get me started again.  Something fun and colourful.


This is a gorgeous stitching kit by UK designer Nancy Nicholson which I simply Could Not Resist.  I needed to have a  bit of that beautiful design in my life and in our home. 


This afternoon, after starting my day with a piano lesson and then sharing lunch with a dear friend who has a new house that needed exploring, there was a lovely half hour sitting outside in the most glorious warm sun, stitching while I waited for my girls to come home.  This is what I have been missing, the gentle art of stitching, the slowing down of time, the concentration needed to put needle into fabric and pull thread through.


When I'm done stitching I think I'll make this into a cushion, with the bird as the central piece.  I've already been flinging out pieces of fabric to find the perfect one to go with it, but of course I never seem to have just the right thing.  More digging needed.


And I love the fabric panel that came with the kit, detailing each stitch, that can be made into a little book.  What a cute idea.



Hope you find time for a little stitching in the sun.
I'm off to catch up on some favourite blogs!

Trudy

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect afternoon! The sun always helps doesnt it! I cant wait to see the finished cushion as this design is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it - so colourful!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so beautiful...enough to cure the uncrafty feelings I am sure. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you've found your crafty soul again! Love it, bold and bright....bit like you! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous design! The rhythms of gentle stitching are so restorative aren't they :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks very 70's... but what a great short project to get those crafting juices back...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful cushion it is going to be! Glad you've got your crafty urge back!
    Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are lovely! Have a nice weekend. Regula

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello - nice to see you in my blogger feed again! Love that pattern, it's going to be gorgeous. I love a bit of cross stitch and it's been ages since I did any. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Trudy, love the design and the colours what a great project to be working on .
    'Slow' stitching really is lovely and relaxing, I do enjoy embroidery.
    Love the bowl in last pic too.
    Glad you're enjoying these beautiful Autumn days.

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  11. ~I am in LOVE with this too......and soo pleased you have your crafting mojo back again...~ Have a grand weekend in the sunshine....~ Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  12. it's gorgeous Trudy, very theraputic! hope you've had a chance to enjoy it. Will make a lovely cushion, Heather x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a message!!
I love reading what you have to say : -)