08 December 2012

Breakfast at the Rusty Windmill

 
You can walk into a place and feel at home.  Everything about it resonates deep within you and you feel instantly relaxed.  This is what happened the first time I walked into The Rusty Windmill, and the next time, and I'm sure it will be the same everytime.
 
 
The Rusty Windmill is a new cafe a couple of towns away from us, which promotes itself as cafe-pantry-home, how perfect.  This corner is divine.  I need to bring my daughter and our journals and sink into those leather chairs and write while we admire the eclectic artwork surrounding us.


Everywhere there is such a perfect attention to detail.  I wanted to soak it all up, breathe it all in.

 
Different places to choose to sit, inside, outside, in the circle of chairs, in the corner just for two, at the old school desk, looking at the new little garden at the back.  And the food is divine, oh yes ... breakfast was had [along with a whole lot of chatting with a friend], then a late morning tea before heading out the door at 1.00 p.m.!!
 
 
I could live here.  I could quite simply move in.  How heavenly would that be?  Just look at the menu, decide what to have, where to sit.  Alternatively, I could bundle it all up and take everything home with me.  Beautiful antiques mixed with a fair slice of granny chic.


I think this is going to be a special place to visit again and again.  If you find yourself in Leongatha, in South Gippsland, treat yourself to a visit to The Rusty Windmill.

Trudy

10 comments:

  1. WOW this looks like the most perfect place! I love discovering new little palces to enjoy! If I am ever over your way I am so checking out this place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like the kind of place I would like to sit, relax and have a coffee, just perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yes I would like this place. So nice to meet a friend for breakfast, very continental!! Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  4. No trips down that way planned, but I will make a note......it looks wonderful.
    I know exactly what you mean about places that resonate with you.
    Looks like they have put a lot of thought into planning this place and I love all the art work.
    Great when you find a little gem like this, I'm sure you'll be spending quite a bit of time there Trudy....enjoy it.

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a wonderful place! I love all the pictures on the wall and vintage bits and pieces.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks wonderful! Just my sort of place. The interior design is just my sort of thing, I really love those metal chairs. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh i love places like this...we have quite a few here, but there is always the favourites that just keep bringing you back.....the wonderful cosiness, the big cups and saucers, warm food, gentle music.......yes i know what you meean about living in one..i could do the same......i also find the sound of the coffee machines and the chinking of china such a comforting sound..
    Hugs Hugs Pixie xx

    ps....popping a little crafte nook make into the post for you on Monday....i hope you get it by Xmas, just a little something to say thank you for being such a lovely bloggy friend...xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just the name: The Rusty Windmill, is rather fab.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how divine....what a gorgeous way to spend a morning or an afternoon. Or anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  10. totally my favourite place at the moment! the brownies - come on!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a message!!
I love reading what you have to say : -)