26 October 2012

Just for Fun

Yes, just for fun, because it's Friday night and I'm very tired (drove to Melbourne to hire a small truck, to pick up the piano, to drive home again, to unload the piano, to drive the truck back to Melbourne, to bring the car home-tired.  10 hours all up-tired.  But we have our new 100 year old piano now and we love it!!)

So, just for fun I thought I would show you the photo behind the photo I use as my avatar on my blog and tell you the story behind it.  This was taken backstage many moons ago, in 1995 when I performed in the play "Coralie Lansdowne Says No" by Alexander Buzo. 


It's a play set in the 1970s so there was some really zany costumes consisting mainly of kaftans. I also had to wear my bathers on stage which wasn't fun at all, in fact quite embarrassing really and my hair was parted down the middle.


I remember desperately wanting the lead role of Coralie Lansdowne because she got to sing into her hairbrush as if it was a microphone and I'd had years of practice singing into my hairbrush, but I got the role of Coralie's far less flamboyant, okay let's tell it how it was, her plain sister, Jill.


So, tell me, did you sing into the end of your hairbrush when you were younger, when no one else was looking?

Wishing you a fabulous weekend.
We have no plans, so I'm hoping for some crafting time and some piano playing.
What about you, what plans for your weekend?

Trudy

4 comments:

  1. Still di Trudy, much to the annoyance of my family, oh and the cat usually runs to the door! Ada :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun avatar! Love it.
    So happy you've been with us on the Blogtoberfest12 ride... can you believe we're almost done?
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I do remember singing into my hairbrush and also balancing on a stool at the same time, i think that was supposed to be the stage!.....anyway this weekend i am completely alone, apart from the two cats, as Mr P, the boys and friends have gone climbing mountains in Wales, so i have a whole weekend of me time....bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous pic and I wish I had a chance to see you perform and yes I sang into my hairbrush while looking in the mirror.
    Denise :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a message!!
I love reading what you have to say : -)